This is the first instalment of a little project called The Fashion Relationship. I'm forever interested by the way women interact with their clothing. How it makes them feel, those first fashion memories and what defines their style. Clothing has the instant ability to make us feel so many different emotions, just by putting on a top or dress! I've put together a bunch of questions to pry into the wardrobes and emotions of women I respect.
Photo's by @tee.click
Mckenzie McCaffrey wore our garments for a mini shoot a couple of months ago and shared her early fashion memories with us. Mckenzie is the most gentle being I have ever met. Her style is relaxed, but considered every time I see her. She's a mumma to the sweetest little boy August, almost 2 and the bearer of a magical singing voice. Mckenzie and her husband have the most beautiful chocolate brown dog Harvey and live on the Central Coast NSW.
- What is your earliest memory with fashion?
I remember wearing dresses that my mum made me when I was little. There was one that had sunflowers on it that was actually really beautiful. Another in a pink rose printed fabric that had tiered ruffles and puffy short sleeves (I wore this one to death)! I also remember a skirt in the same rose print but baby blue and my sister had a matching dress.
- 3 words that best describe your current style?
- What makes you want to buy a garment now?
- Can you describe your most coveted piece of clothing in your wardrobe? And tell us how it came to be in your posession?
- If wardrobes could talk, what would yours say to you!?
- Are you a pants and top or a dress kinda gal?
- What do the words conscious consumption manifest for you?